Plain Language Summary
Accessible Community provides 4 sites:
When you use these sites and services, we may collect information that you
provide us such as:
- contact information
- disability-related information
- We may install cookies to improve services and collect information on how you use our sites
We will use the information we collect to:
- Provide you the services you request
- Improve our services
- Contact you to let you know about services
- We will not sell or share your personal information
- We only keep your personal information while you have an account with us
- We will take all reasonable actions to protect your personal information
Email email@example.com to:
- Review, change, or close your account at any time by contacting
- Ask questions about your account or data privacy
- Request we delete your data
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving Accessible Community's sites, tools and services. By using the Sites, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
How do we collect information?
We collect information that you provide to us when you register for our services, use our sites or otherwise contact us.
The categories of information we will be collecting in the next 12 months are:
- Identifiers such as account name, email, and IP address
- Personal Information such as name and disability-related information
- Geolocation data such as device location
- Audio and visual information such as images and audio in connection with our business activities
User Provided Information
While using our Sites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and email address ("Personal Information"). We may also as you to provide us with sensitive information about your disability status (“Sensitive Information”).
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit, use, or navigate our Sites and Services ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include device and usage information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, your location and other statistics.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our services, for internal analytics and reporting purposes. We may collect this information through cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Social Media Data
We may provide you with the option to register with us using an existing social media or email account. If you choose to register in this way, we may have access to information from the social media provider such as your name, email, friends list, profile image, etc. We do not control and are not responsible for information with your third-party social media provider. We will store only the information needed to provide the services.
How do we use your information?
We use your Personal Information and Sensitive Information for providing and improving Accessible Community's Sites and Services, such as:
- Facilitate account creating, authentication and managing user accounts.
- Deliver services to the user.
- Respond to user inquiries and offer support to the users.
- Save and protect an individual's vital interest such as to prevent harm.
We do not share your Personal Information or Sensitive Information.
We may use your Personal Information to periodically contact you with newsletters and other information to keep you up to date about our activities and request your assistance. You may opt out of these communications.
We only keep your Personal and Sensitive Information for as long as it is necessary to provide Services to you. We will not keep your information longer than the time you have an account with us.
You have a right to request the deletion of your personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Is your information secure?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We are not responsible for the safety of any information you share with third parties that we may link to but who are not affiliated with our Sites or Services.
Data Transferred Internationally
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Sites or Services outside the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and used by us in the United States.
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from children under 18 years of age. By using our Sites and Services, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age or you are the parents or guardian of a minor and give consent to the minor dependent's use of our Sites and Services.
What legal bases do we rely on when using your information?
For Users in the EU or UK
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the legal bases we rely on to use your Personal and Sensitive Information.
- Consent: We may use your personal and sensitive information if you have given us permission to use it for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account or emailing email@example.com and requesting your account be closed.
- Legal Obligations: We may use your information to comply with legal obligations such as cooperation with law enforcement bodies or regulatory agencies.
- Vital Interests: We may use our information if we believe it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
For Users in Canada
We may use your personal and sensitive information if you have given us specific permission (express consent) to use it for a specific purpose or in situations where your permission can be inferred (implied consent).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting your account be closed.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to use your information without your consent, such as if disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records.