Consider Mentoring with Accessible Community
- Would you like to share your expertise with the next generation of accessibility and universal design professionals?
- Are you looking for an internship opportunity that serves your community with flexible hours and location?
Take the time to help grow the next generation of accessibility experts.
Accessible Community brings together experienced accessibility and universal design professionals with interns and others learning about these fields. Each pair works with small businesses and community organizations to improve their web and facility accessibility.
We know your time is valuable and your skills are in demand! This volunteer work can be done remotely and our intern coordinator will work with you to create a plan that works with your schedule. You will be partnered with one or more interns depending on your availability and area of expertise.
The goals for our internship program include:
- Supplementing limited educational opportunities in accessibility by providing hands on experience.
- Helping small businesses and community organizations become more inclusive of people with diverse abilities.
- Building a workforce of educated professionals by engaging and inspiring them about creating a more inclusive world.
Our expert mentors are critical to our success.
Who Can Participate?
We are looking for mentors with 2+ years of experience in any of the following fields:
- Web and software accessibility
- Universal Design
- ADA Compliance
- Occupational Therapy
In addition, we are looking for people who are patient, creative, and prepared to share their passion for this field with others.
If you are interested in mentoring, please Sign up to Mentor.
Accessible Community is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and volunteer activities without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.