Accessible Community has been working with churches to find affordable ways to improve access to religion for individuals with disabilities. We believe the lessons we’ve learned can be applied to most religious services. Below is a collection of resources on this topic organized by religion. If you know of resources for improving access to any religion, please send them to email@example.com.
- Congregational Accessibility Network (CAN) This overarching resource promotes the inclusion of persons with disabilities in faith communities and includes additional resources for each faith.
- CLC Network Christian Learning Center Resources and assistance for creating a more inclusive church and school
- Joni and Friends Provides resources and training to help churches welcome all people, including those with disabilities, into church life and ministry.
- Irresistible Church Library Provides training materials to help establish ministries for individuals with disabilities.
- Key Ministry Key Ministry promotes meaningful connection between churches and families of kids with disabilities for the purpose of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- LifeWay Special Needs resources including bible studies for children and adults with learning disabilities.
- Pure Ministry A network of individuals, churches, and organizations working with families affected by disability need support and encouragement. The PURE Ministries Network provides this support along with practical tips, advice, and collaboration.
- respectAbility This resource provides Disability Access and Inclusion Training Series for Jewish Organizations and Activists
- Synagogue self assessment A short, printable checklist from the Jewish Federation of Greater Midwest NJ
- Muhsen: Muslims Understanding and Helping Special Education Needs includes a certification program and checklist for inclusion.